- Look at the specifications of the camera and make sure it is between 14-18 mega-pixels
- Look to see if it has all the functions you think you will need, e.g. macro mode, portrait mode, night mode etc.
- Make sure it has `Manual` mode; the setting where you can set all the controls yourself
- Make sure it has a good sized screen on the back of the camera, to view your photographs on
- See if it has `Live View` mode; this will enable you to see your subject framed on the screen of the camera, before you take the photograph
- Try and buy a camera that comes as a `Kit`, this means that it comes with a standard lens, normally a 18mm-55mm lens
- Make sure the camera is quite heavy, but not too heavy; this means that it is well built and will be less likely to break if you were to drop it
|`Without Words` - Douglas Benge|